The Bundesagentur für Arbeit “BA” (federal employment agency) supports jobseekers with the following options:
- Supervision by a personal contact person for better perception of various job offers as well as possible support for further training or retraining
- Access to the online platform “Job Exchange”, which supports the job search through an individualised search based on qualifications and preferences
The spectrum of support for unemployed persons complements the previous points:
- Financial support (e.g. unemployment benefit I or II, travel allowance, etc.)
- Business start-up subsidy
- Regular appointments with the personal consultant
- Formal training (for the application)
Who can access this offer?
In Germany, a basic distinction is made between jobseekers and unemployed persons. Both forms are supported by the Federal Employment Agency in their search for a job. However, the measures, programmes and subsidies are differentiated in their forms (see: general description).
The designation or registration as a jobseeker results from the fact that the person in question is still in an employment relationship but ends within the next three months and is therefore subsequently unemployed.
It follows from this that the registration as unemployed means that you are no longer tied to any employment relationship.
Further information/useful links